About the Project
EEPCO signed a contract agreement for Ashegoda Wind Farm Project with VERGNET SA of France in October 9th 2008, in Engineering, Procurement and Construction Turnkey (EPC/t) base.
Project contract commencemented on October 12,2009.And it costs 191 million Euros and 260 million ETB, in total 210 million Euros.
The total installed capacity and Annual energy respectively:120 MW and 400GWh/year.
Contract administration and construction supervision consultant is Lahmeyer International GmbH ,Germany .The project has three consecutive phases:
- Phase I, 30MW
- Phase II, 45MW
- Phase III, 45MW
- Site Office
- Under ground and OHL line
- HV Substation
- SINTEC: Electromechanical works, Ethiopian
- RAMA: Civil works (access roads, turbines foundations, HV substation construction), Ethiopian
- ALSTOM :Electromechanical equipments supply, erection and commissioning of HV Substation, French
- HYDRO: Micro piles works for wind turbines, Ethiopian
- SARENS: Lifting works (towers and Down Wind Nacelles), Belgium
- About 50 Expatriates and 400 Ethiopian staffs are involved during the execution the project.